New Clovis cafe owner puts job applicants on the spot
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people are hoping to be hired at a new Clovis restaurant.
The owner of "Good Times Cafe" let applicants know they'd only have one shot to impress him during the first round of interviews Saturda6y morning. At least 300 people showed up at the Sierra Vista Mall for a chance at about 30 positions -- including cooks and wait staff.
The new restaurant is a 50's style diner that features classic food such as like burgers, fries, and shakes. The owner, Al Knauer, says it's important all of his employees have one thing, "We look for personality more than anything. You can't be called good times and not have personality."
"You're almost put on the spot because he's basically tell me about yourself, go!" said job applicant Kylie Nowles.
The cafe is scheduled to open at the end of this month. It's located near the movie theater in the Sierra Vista Mall.
clovis, fresno county, employment, business
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals