New Clovis cafe owner puts job applicants on the spot
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Hundreds of people are hoping to be hired at a new Clovis restaurant.
The owner of "Good Times Cafe" let applicants know they'd only have one shot to impress him during the first round of interviews Saturda6y morning. At least 300 people showed up at the Sierra Vista Mall for a chance at about 30 positions -- including cooks and wait staff.
The new restaurant is a 50's style diner that features classic food such as like burgers, fries, and shakes. The owner, Al Knauer, says it's important all of his employees have one thing, "We look for personality more than anything. You can't be called good times and not have personality."
"You're almost put on the spot because he's basically tell me about yourself, go!" said job applicant Kylie Nowles.
The cafe is scheduled to open at the end of this month. It's located near the movie theater in the Sierra Vista Mall.
clovis, fresno county, employment, business
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno 8 min ago
- I-5 over the Grapevine and HWY 58 closed due to snow
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather