Isaac's impact on gas prices in the Valley
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Isaac's impact is being felt in the Valley, at the gas pump. Several Gulf Coast refineries shut down operations.
Many Gulf Coast refineries closed because of Isaac are now preparing to restart. 1.3 million barrels of crude oil have been taken out of production each day.
As a result it is costing you even more to fill up at the station. Gasbuddy.com says motorists in 45 of our 50 states will see their highest Labor Day gas prices ever.
The average price of a gallon of regular unleaded in Fresno is $4.08. A year ago it cost you $3.73.
Many families are considering whether they should hit the highway for a Labor Day trip. For some it's not even an option.
"I don't drive my car at all," Rudy Alvarez said. "I have a handful of friends that decided to do what I do. They just take the bus. They take it to work."
The three-day Labor Day weekend also marks one of the busiest stretches for automakers. Manuel Prieto is president of the Fresno Clovis New Car Dealers Association. Prieto says miles per gallon is a key selling point.
"We're selling a lot of mid-sized vehicles right now and the small segment is also very popular and again it's gas mileage," Prieto explained. "Consumers are still watching the dollars."
Prieto says most Valley dealerships, not just Clawson Honda, are offering attractive incentives this weekend to make room for new 2013 models.
gas prices, hurricane, business, dale yurong
- 4.4 earthquake shakes Los Angeles area 10 min ago
- Crimea declares independence, seizes property 5 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids 15 min ago
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos