Dozens camp out for free Freebirds burritos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- How far would you go for a free burrito?
Tuesday night dozens of people camped out for the chance to get a year's worth of free burritos.
You typically might see a crowd that size during a black Friday sale or even the night before concert tickets go on sale, but definitely not for burritos --but this was different
Dozens of people at the Clovis location spent the night on their laptops, stayed busy playing board games and slept on cots for the chance to score free burritos in the morning
The promotion was part of a new restaurant chain called Freebirds World Burrito. The Santa Barbara-based company is spreading its wings in the Central Valley. This morning Freebirds held grand openings in Clovis and Fresno with the first 25 people through the doors receiving one free burritos for the next year.
Restaurant Director Payman Khania says Freebirds is excited to bring its rock-n-roll flare and stylish burritos to the Central Valley.
With so many different ingredients to choose from, customers Action News spoke to were mixed on which was their favorite
Freebirds offers other items on its menu like salads and tacos, but building burritos is definitely its speciality.
clovis, fresno, fresno county, business, jason oliveira
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals