Dozens camp out for free Freebirds burritos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- How far would you go for a free burrito?
Tuesday night dozens of people camped out for the chance to get a year's worth of free burritos.
You typically might see a crowd that size during a black Friday sale or even the night before concert tickets go on sale, but definitely not for burritos --but this was different
Dozens of people at the Clovis location spent the night on their laptops, stayed busy playing board games and slept on cots for the chance to score free burritos in the morning
The promotion was part of a new restaurant chain called Freebirds World Burrito. The Santa Barbara-based company is spreading its wings in the Central Valley. This morning Freebirds held grand openings in Clovis and Fresno with the first 25 people through the doors receiving one free burritos for the next year.
Restaurant Director Payman Khania says Freebirds is excited to bring its rock-n-roll flare and stylish burritos to the Central Valley.
With so many different ingredients to choose from, customers Action News spoke to were mixed on which was their favorite
Freebirds offers other items on its menu like salads and tacos, but building burritos is definitely its speciality.
clovis, fresno, fresno county, business, jason oliveira
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 57 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 42 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt