Dozens camp out for free Freebirds burritos
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- How far would you go for a free burrito?
Tuesday night dozens of people camped out for the chance to get a year's worth of free burritos.
You typically might see a crowd that size during a black Friday sale or even the night before concert tickets go on sale, but definitely not for burritos --but this was different
Dozens of people at the Clovis location spent the night on their laptops, stayed busy playing board games and slept on cots for the chance to score free burritos in the morning
The promotion was part of a new restaurant chain called Freebirds World Burrito. The Santa Barbara-based company is spreading its wings in the Central Valley. This morning Freebirds held grand openings in Clovis and Fresno with the first 25 people through the doors receiving one free burritos for the next year.
Restaurant Director Payman Khania says Freebirds is excited to bring its rock-n-roll flare and stylish burritos to the Central Valley.
With so many different ingredients to choose from, customers Action News spoke to were mixed on which was their favorite
Freebirds offers other items on its menu like salads and tacos, but building burritos is definitely its speciality.
clovis, fresno, fresno county, business, jason oliveira
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop 38 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect