Retailers gear up to fill seasonal positions
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Major retailers are gearing up to fill seasonal positions leading up to the holidays. And this year the number of seasonal hires is up.
Stores shelves around the Valley are already stocking up. According to a report from the consulting firm, Hay Group, more than a third of big box stores plan to hire more people than last year.
Walmart has already announced plans to give current workers the chance to work more hours, and has plans to hire more than 50-thousand seasonal employees as it gets ready for the winter season.
Experts say finding a seasonal position is a good way to get your foot in the door, and maybe even land a fulltime job.
business, mariana jacob
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors 36 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest 47 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Fresno State QB Competition Open
5 min ago