Retailers gear up to fill seasonal positions
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Major retailers are gearing up to fill seasonal positions leading up to the holidays. And this year the number of seasonal hires is up.
Stores shelves around the Valley are already stocking up. According to a report from the consulting firm, Hay Group, more than a third of big box stores plan to hire more people than last year.
Walmart has already announced plans to give current workers the chance to work more hours, and has plans to hire more than 50-thousand seasonal employees as it gets ready for the winter season.
Experts say finding a seasonal position is a good way to get your foot in the door, and maybe even land a fulltime job.
business, mariana jacob
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 1 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned