Zacky Farms files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Action News learned Fresno-based Zacky Farms filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.
Zacky is one of the largest turkey producers in the country. The company filed for chapter eleven Monday in Sacramento, blaming high prices for corn and soybean meal.
It faces between $50 and $100 million in debts. In a statement, the company says it hopes to reorganize its business, which has been in operation for more than 70 years.
According to the Zacky Farms website, it employs about 15-hundred people in Fresno, Tulare, Kings, San Joaquin and Los Angeles counties.
business, gene haagenson
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 44 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'