Zacky Farms files Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Action News learned Fresno-based Zacky Farms filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy protection.
Zacky is one of the largest turkey producers in the country. The company filed for chapter eleven Monday in Sacramento, blaming high prices for corn and soybean meal.
It faces between $50 and $100 million in debts. In a statement, the company says it hopes to reorganize its business, which has been in operation for more than 70 years.
According to the Zacky Farms website, it employs about 15-hundred people in Fresno, Tulare, Kings, San Joaquin and Los Angeles counties.
business, gene haagenson
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 30 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 54 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos