Frustration grows over Abbey Flooring closure
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Frustration is growing over the sudden closure of a well-known Fresno flooring company.
The landlord says the owners of Abbey Flooring and Design Center owe him $200 thousand in back rent.
More customers are also fuming after finding out the flooring company never paid sub-contractors for work they completed.
One customer says he paid Abbey $54 thousand, but now has a lien placed on his house by a contractor.
Walter Fieguth said, "We paid in good faith, thinking they were paying their subcontractors only to find out now that they didn't, and they've run off and now the subcontractors are going against the people who are innocent from the beginning."
Fieguth has filed a complaint with the Fresno County District Attorney's Office.
Abbey's landlord says the company has had financial problems for at least a year now and has bounced several rent checks.
Action News tried contacting the owners of the flooring company at their Northwest Fresno home but no one answered the door.
fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, business, sontaya rose
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 32 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 48 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance