Frustration grows over Abbey Flooring closure
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Frustration is growing over the sudden closure of a well-known Fresno flooring company.
The landlord says the owners of Abbey Flooring and Design Center owe him $200 thousand in back rent.
More customers are also fuming after finding out the flooring company never paid sub-contractors for work they completed.
One customer says he paid Abbey $54 thousand, but now has a lien placed on his house by a contractor.
Walter Fieguth said, "We paid in good faith, thinking they were paying their subcontractors only to find out now that they didn't, and they've run off and now the subcontractors are going against the people who are innocent from the beginning."
Fieguth has filed a complaint with the Fresno County District Attorney's Office.
Abbey's landlord says the company has had financial problems for at least a year now and has bounced several rent checks.
Action News tried contacting the owners of the flooring company at their Northwest Fresno home but no one answered the door.
fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, business, sontaya rose
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos