Frustration grows over Abbey Flooring closure
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- Frustration is growing over the sudden closure of a well-known Fresno flooring company.
The landlord says the owners of Abbey Flooring and Design Center owe him $200 thousand in back rent.
More customers are also fuming after finding out the flooring company never paid sub-contractors for work they completed.
One customer says he paid Abbey $54 thousand, but now has a lien placed on his house by a contractor.
Walter Fieguth said, "We paid in good faith, thinking they were paying their subcontractors only to find out now that they didn't, and they've run off and now the subcontractors are going against the people who are innocent from the beginning."
Fieguth has filed a complaint with the Fresno County District Attorney's Office.
Abbey's landlord says the company has had financial problems for at least a year now and has bounced several rent checks.
Action News tried contacting the owners of the flooring company at their Northwest Fresno home but no one answered the door.
fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, business, sontaya rose
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos