Made in the Valley: Nestlé Häagen-Dazs
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's the coolest place in the valley and its also the sweetest.
In 2012, Nestlé produced 6 million cases of bars and 14 million gallons of packaged ice cream. The bar lines can make 8,700 bars per hour and the high speed packaged line can make 11,400 pints per hour.
In a month they will use around 220,000 pounds of strawberries and 26,000 pounds of vanilla. They receive approximatley 140,000 gallons of milk, use 48,000 pounds of eggs, and use 500,000 pounds of liquid sugar per week.
made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 25 min ago
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 10 min ago
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt