Made in the Valley: Nestlé Häagen-Dazs
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's the coolest place in the valley and its also the sweetest.
In 2012, Nestlé produced 6 million cases of bars and 14 million gallons of packaged ice cream. The bar lines can make 8,700 bars per hour and the high speed packaged line can make 11,400 pints per hour.
In a month they will use around 220,000 pounds of strawberries and 26,000 pounds of vanilla. They receive approximatley 140,000 gallons of milk, use 48,000 pounds of eggs, and use 500,000 pounds of liquid sugar per week.
made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system