Made in the Valley: Nestlé Häagen-Dazs
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's the coolest place in the valley and its also the sweetest.
In 2012, Nestlé produced 6 million cases of bars and 14 million gallons of packaged ice cream. The bar lines can make 8,700 bars per hour and the high speed packaged line can make 11,400 pints per hour.
In a month they will use around 220,000 pounds of strawberries and 26,000 pounds of vanilla. They receive approximatley 140,000 gallons of milk, use 48,000 pounds of eggs, and use 500,000 pounds of liquid sugar per week.
made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- Large fire guts warehouse southeast of Fresno 4 min ago
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- Fresno residents can dispose of old tires for free 1 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Safeway to pay $2.25 million to settle lawsuit
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180