Made in the Valley: Nestlé Häagen-Dazs
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- It's the coolest place in the valley and its also the sweetest.
In 2012, Nestlé produced 6 million cases of bars and 14 million gallons of packaged ice cream. The bar lines can make 8,700 bars per hour and the high speed packaged line can make 11,400 pints per hour.
In a month they will use around 220,000 pounds of strawberries and 26,000 pounds of vanilla. They receive approximatley 140,000 gallons of milk, use 48,000 pounds of eggs, and use 500,000 pounds of liquid sugar per week.
made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- Malaysian official: Investigators conclude jet hijacked 37 min ago
- SW Fresno crash sends 12 people to hospital
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer 22 min ago
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder 24 min ago
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Photos: Chef Shayna Shareable Recipes
- YouTube: Newborn Gorilla Recovers After Emergency...
- John Hancock observatory in Chicago to Tilt