Survey: Average wedding bill in 2012 was $28K
A new survey finds brides and grooms are spending more money to get married these days compared to the start of the economic downturn.
According to wedding site theknot.com, the average price of a wedding reached a new high last year with couples spending more than $28,000 for the big day.
In San Francisco couples spend an average of $35,000. Santa Barbara was the most expensive spot in California at $42,000. Manhattan took the top spot in the nation -- a wedding there averages nearly $77,000.
KGO-TV San Francisco, CA contributed to this report.
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 23 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
22 min ago