H&R Block technical error delays some tax returns
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A tax refund glitch is causing headaches for customers of a popular tax preparer.
On its website, H&R Block said the issues involve tax returns filed before February 22nd that included certain education tax credits.
"H&R Block Block has confirmed with the IRS that there was an issue with certain tax returns filed before February 22, 2013 that included certain education tax credits claimed on Form 8863. We have worked with the IRS to expedite a solution to this issue for all of our affected clients."
Those claims included form number 8863. The tax preparer says that it could take six to eight weeks to receive a refund after the issue is resolved.
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto 2 min ago
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Residents concerned over proposed chemical warehouse
- 16th-century manual shows 'rocket cat' weaponry
- Buchanan High percussionist to play at Carnegie Hall
- Photos: Selfless acts that will brighten your day
- Fresno mayor seeks state controller position