Outdoor recreation is big business for California
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- The Valley is a prime destination for outdoor activity, and a recent study reveals this means big business for the state.
Thousands of tourists come to Central California each year to play in the Valley's backyard. Outside enthusiasts are spending billions of dollars to enjoy the great outdoors
The outdoor industry association says the state leads the nation in consumer spending, generating more than $85 billion a year on outdoor activities.
Consumer spending helps support more than 700-thousand jobs while generating $6.7 billion in state and local taxes.
business, carlos saucedo
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car