Pizza shop opens in historic Visalia building
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Visalia pizza shop that is putting a unique twist on the normal pie.
The Planing Mill Artisan Pizzeria opened in Downtown Visalia. The restaurant sells pizza made with high quality gourmet products, plus deserts, salads and sandwiches.
The shop gets its name from the history of the building they are located in. The Visalia Planing Mill first opened in Visalia in the 1800s, and the pizzeria is housed in part of the original building.
The chef says some of the pizzas are different than what you'd see in a normal pizza shop. "Breakfast pizza was something a guy makes in Portland, so we kind of took his and made it ours. It has eggs, bacon, apple, sausage, so you get the breakfast quality in there," said Bryan Caley, Planing Mill Artisan Pizza.
Planing Mill Pizza is open every day. It's located on East Main Street near Santa Fe.
visalia, tulare county, business
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals