Pizza shop opens in historic Visalia building
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Visalia pizza shop that is putting a unique twist on the normal pie.
The Planing Mill Artisan Pizzeria opened in Downtown Visalia. The restaurant sells pizza made with high quality gourmet products, plus deserts, salads and sandwiches.
The shop gets its name from the history of the building they are located in. The Visalia Planing Mill first opened in Visalia in the 1800s, and the pizzeria is housed in part of the original building.
The chef says some of the pizzas are different than what you'd see in a normal pizza shop. "Breakfast pizza was something a guy makes in Portland, so we kind of took his and made it ours. It has eggs, bacon, apple, sausage, so you get the breakfast quality in there," said Bryan Caley, Planing Mill Artisan Pizza.
Planing Mill Pizza is open every day. It's located on East Main Street near Santa Fe.
visalia, tulare county, business
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 22 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes 1 min ago
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos