Pizza shop opens in historic Visalia building
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A new Visalia pizza shop that is putting a unique twist on the normal pie.
The Planing Mill Artisan Pizzeria opened in Downtown Visalia. The restaurant sells pizza made with high quality gourmet products, plus deserts, salads and sandwiches.
The shop gets its name from the history of the building they are located in. The Visalia Planing Mill first opened in Visalia in the 1800s, and the pizzeria is housed in part of the original building.
The chef says some of the pizzas are different than what you'd see in a normal pizza shop. "Breakfast pizza was something a guy makes in Portland, so we kind of took his and made it ours. It has eggs, bacon, apple, sausage, so you get the breakfast quality in there," said Bryan Caley, Planing Mill Artisan Pizza.
Planing Mill Pizza is open every day. It's located on East Main Street near Santa Fe.
visalia, tulare county, business
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 56 min ago
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty 55 min ago
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades 55 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique