Made in the Valley: Scholle Packaging
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Scholle Packaging in Merced is the pioneer of "bag in a box." From wine in a box to food products in a box, they do it all.
Chances are, you will consume a product today, it that spent part of its life in a Scholle bag.
The company was founded in 1947. It employees 2,000 people around the world which makes it the largest global producer of bag-in-box. Much of the packaging for North America comes from the Merced plant.
Because of the packaging technology, boxed wine has a longer shelf-life.
merced, merced county, made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 33 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
32 min ago