Made in the Valley: Fresno Neon Sign Company
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno Neon Sign Company has made many memorable neon signs over the years -- from the Security Bank sign in Downtown Fresno to the original Manchester Center sign.
Some of Fresno's most memorable signs are part of Fresno Neon's history. The signs they have made included the enormous Security Bank sign atop the Pacific Southwest Building in Downtown Fresno, the original Manchester Center signage with its stunning architectural steelwork and massive neon lights, the Edmonds Jewelers back-lit neon on the marble facade of their former Fulton Mall location, and the original Hotel Fresno canopy sign when it still shone at night through the 1940's.
The company was started in 1932 under the name Fresno Neon Sign Company. They have 10 full time employees.
Besides neon, they also manufacture, install and service all types of electric and non-electrical signage. They said they install about 10-15 custom-designed electronic school marquees per year, and hundreds of other types of signs.
The majority of their customers are local to the San Joaquin Valley, as far north as Stockton and south to Bakersfield, but they also have signs that they have manufactured and installed in several states around the country and as far away as New Zealand.
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns 59 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire 2 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 16 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers 46 min ago
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region