Tiffany 1Q results rise, tops expectations
NEW YORK -- Tiffany & Co. says its first-quarter net income rose 3 percent as sales improved across all regions.
The high-end jewelry company known for its blue boxes earned $83.6 million, or 65 cents per share, for the period ended April 30. That's up from $81.5 million, or 64 cents per share, a year ago.
Excluding costs tied to staff and occupancy cuts, earnings were 70 cents per share. This easily beat the 53 cents per share analyst expected.
Revenue for the New York company rose 10 percent to $895.5 million from $819.2 million, topping Wall Street's $855.7 million estimate.
For the second quarter, Tiffany anticipates earnings will be equal to the prior-year period's 72 cents per share. Analysts expect 79 cents per share.
But Tiffany reaffirmed its fiscal 2013 earnings forecast on Tuesday.
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher 33 min ago
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos