Made in the Valley: Method Sports Inc. longboards
FRESNO,Calif. (KFSN) -- Over the years, skateboarding has grown in popularity.
In the Central Valley, there is one company that is making its mark as the only skateboard manufacturer.
For local longboarders, riding their skateboard is a passion and a lifestyle.
"It's just exhilarating. Adrenaline rush. It's just a good time," said Nathan Montanez, a longboarder.
What most people may not know is the very boards carrying them on their adventures, are made by Method Sports Incorporated in the Valley. Employees assemble every board by hand at Method headquarters in Clovis.
Based on each order, employees have a hand in shaping every unique board from start to finish. Each piece helps give riders a smooth ride, but there is one piece that President and CEO Paul Dickie is especially proud of, the trucks.
"I've always gravitated toward products with wheels on it and skate boarding in particular has been something I've always had a passion for. But I designed a truck that would skate a little better than most trucks out there, a little bit more dynamic flow," Dickie said.
Paul Dickie started Method in his garage a couple years ago and has grown into selling his boards locally and online in the U.S. and overseas.
"It can be anywhere from 13-years-old on up to 46-years-old buying boards and some people that are starting to ride," said Dickie. So whether you are cruising or cutting local boarding enthusiasts say it is a ride like no other.
Method Skateboarding is also sponsoring Fresno resident Myster Holliman, as he attempts to break the world record for the longest distance traveled on his longboard; so far, he says things are going well.
clovis, business, amanda venegas
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty 30 min ago
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Wonder Woman cast for Batman and Superman film
- Autopsy: Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Toys for Tots warehouse sits empty
32 min ago
- Fresno State grads simplify the 'gifting'...
48 min ago