Made in the Valley: Method Sports Inc. longboards
FRESNO,Calif. (KFSN) -- Over the years, skateboarding has grown in popularity.
In the Central Valley, there is one company that is making its mark as the only skateboard manufacturer.
For local longboarders, riding their skateboard is a passion and a lifestyle.
"It's just exhilarating. Adrenaline rush. It's just a good time," said Nathan Montanez, a longboarder.
What most people may not know is the very boards carrying them on their adventures, are made by Method Sports Incorporated in the Valley. Employees assemble every board by hand at Method headquarters in Clovis.
Based on each order, employees have a hand in shaping every unique board from start to finish. Each piece helps give riders a smooth ride, but there is one piece that President and CEO Paul Dickie is especially proud of, the trucks.
"I've always gravitated toward products with wheels on it and skate boarding in particular has been something I've always had a passion for. But I designed a truck that would skate a little better than most trucks out there, a little bit more dynamic flow," Dickie said.
Paul Dickie started Method in his garage a couple years ago and has grown into selling his boards locally and online in the U.S. and overseas.
"It can be anywhere from 13-years-old on up to 46-years-old buying boards and some people that are starting to ride," said Dickie. So whether you are cruising or cutting local boarding enthusiasts say it is a ride like no other.
Method Skateboarding is also sponsoring Fresno resident Myster Holliman, as he attempts to break the world record for the longest distance traveled on his longboard; so far, he says things are going well.
clovis, business, amanda venegas
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard 26 min ago
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases 50 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- Accuweather Forecast
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos