Fresno Restaurant Week supports local businesses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno is home to a variety of local restaurants featuring the best of the Valley. Now there's a way to dine and support local businesses with Fresno Restaurant Week.
This is a week that has local foodies ready to dine and wine. The goal of Fresno Restaurant Week is to promote and celebrate locally owned and independent business community as a means of preserving the character of the Fresno region.
Organizers also aim to educate the community about the value of investing in our locally owned, independent businesses and build a sustainable and diverse local economy. They say research shows when a dollar is spent at a locally owned and independent business, on average that dollar will re-circulate three times the amount of money back into our local economy.
Fresno restaurant week starts Monday and runs until August 9th. About 20 local businesses are participating.
fresno, fresno county, business, amanda venegas
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 12 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno 34 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison