Fresno Restaurant Week supports local businesses
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno is home to a variety of local restaurants featuring the best of the Valley. Now there's a way to dine and support local businesses with Fresno Restaurant Week.
This is a week that has local foodies ready to dine and wine. The goal of Fresno Restaurant Week is to promote and celebrate locally owned and independent business community as a means of preserving the character of the Fresno region.
Organizers also aim to educate the community about the value of investing in our locally owned, independent businesses and build a sustainable and diverse local economy. They say research shows when a dollar is spent at a locally owned and independent business, on average that dollar will re-circulate three times the amount of money back into our local economy.
Fresno restaurant week starts Monday and runs until August 9th. About 20 local businesses are participating.
fresno, fresno county, business, amanda venegas
- Earthquake shakes parts of the Central Valley
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam