Made in the Valley: Grundfos Pumps
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Water is an important resource, and one Valley business is helping people keep the water flowing.
For more than 50-years Grundfos Pumps has been making its mark in California and around he world. On Thursday, people have flown all over the country and world here to East Central Fresno to celebrate the company's 40th anniversary.
The pump company has a local Clovis connection. Einar Cook, an American of Danish descent, visited Denmark from Clovis. In 1963, Poul Due Jensen traveled to the United States, where he discovered that there was a growing market for pumps, especially in California where they were essential for farms and vineyards.
A decade later, in 1973, Poul Due Jensen established his American company in California, buying 47 acres of farmland in Clovis. He employed Einar Cook's son Jerry as president of the new company.
Under Jerry cook's leadership, the company began to flourish. He initiated all activities for Grundfos in North and South America and, for 23 years, served as president of Grundfos USA and Board Chairman of Grundfos companies in Canada, Mexico, and Argentina.
For more about Grundfos Pumps, visit their website at us.grundfos.com
fresno, fresno county, fresno east central, made in the valley, business, amanda venegas
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 22 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 19 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 31 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River