Ronnie's Midway Market in Pinedale is shutting down
FRESNO, California (KFSN) -- A beloved market in Pinedale is going out of business at the end of the month.
Ronnie's Midway Market has been a part of the community since 1953, but the economy and increasing competition has forced the family owned grocery store to close.
Many customers have been going to the market since they were kids, and say the closure is like a loss of a family member.
David Rodriguez added, "I just don't know what it's going to be like without; a devastating void in the community."
Ronnie's Midway Market will shut its doors at the end of the month. Owners say the store has already been sold, but don't know what the new owners plan to do with the space.
pinedale, fresno county, fresno, business
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified