Hungry Dog Delivery; Fresno State students start restaurant delivery service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you're sitting at home and craving food from your favorite restaurant, but just don't feel like going out, two Fresno State students may be able to help.
The young entrepreneurs have launched a delivery service that started with a simple idea -- and it has now blossomed into a business.
Sara Remus is a Public Relations major and Cody Scheidt studies engineering. Together these Fresno State students are the proud owners of Hungry Dog Delivery.
"If you want food but don't feel like going out to get it, or you don't have a car and can't go get it, call or text or send a message through the website, and I go pick it up and bring it to your house or wherever you are," said Scheidt, Hungry Dog Delivery.
The couple came up with the idea back in November when Sara's car was in the shop. "I live with my grandma right now, and she said, 'Oh I really want Doghouse,' and I said, 'Oh I don't have a car,' and I thought it would be really cool if there was someone who could deliver this so we could enjoy going out without going out."
That craving for the popular Doghouse Grill near campus inspired the teens to quickly launch their business. "I immediately made Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and got a website started, and we were getting orders within the first 5 minutes of being online. It was really weird. Apparently people have been waiting for something like that," said Remus.
Customers in the Fresno-Clovis area can order food from any local restaurant or groceries from their favorite stores. The delivery fees range from $5 to $10, depending on the distance. So far, these students say the formula is working. "We're actually making money, we're not just breaking even," said Scheidt.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, fresno state, good news, business, sara sandrik
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed 2 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case