Hungry Dog Delivery; Fresno State students start restaurant delivery service
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you're sitting at home and craving food from your favorite restaurant, but just don't feel like going out, two Fresno State students may be able to help.
The young entrepreneurs have launched a delivery service that started with a simple idea -- and it has now blossomed into a business.
Sara Remus is a Public Relations major and Cody Scheidt studies engineering. Together these Fresno State students are the proud owners of Hungry Dog Delivery.
"If you want food but don't feel like going out to get it, or you don't have a car and can't go get it, call or text or send a message through the website, and I go pick it up and bring it to your house or wherever you are," said Scheidt, Hungry Dog Delivery.
The couple came up with the idea back in November when Sara's car was in the shop. "I live with my grandma right now, and she said, 'Oh I really want Doghouse,' and I said, 'Oh I don't have a car,' and I thought it would be really cool if there was someone who could deliver this so we could enjoy going out without going out."
That craving for the popular Doghouse Grill near campus inspired the teens to quickly launch their business. "I immediately made Yelp, Facebook, and Twitter pages, and got a website started, and we were getting orders within the first 5 minutes of being online. It was really weird. Apparently people have been waiting for something like that," said Remus.
Customers in the Fresno-Clovis area can order food from any local restaurant or groceries from their favorite stores. The delivery fees range from $5 to $10, depending on the distance. So far, these students say the formula is working. "We're actually making money, we're not just breaking even," said Scheidt.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, fresno state, good news, business, sara sandrik
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 40 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding 18 min ago
- 2 Dems challenge Rep incumbent in Valley congressional race
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Photos: Easter traditions explained