PG&E replacing 1600 defective Smartmeters
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill.
The utility announced, about 1,600 of the meters can run fast in warm temperatures, which leads them to miscalculate electric bills. It's a small percentage of the 2-million Smartmeters that have been installed at homes and businesses.
PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill. The company says average refund will be about $40.00 per customer. PG&E will also issue a $25.00 credit for customer inconvenience.
Any customers with questions can contact PG&E Smartmeter Help Line at 1-866-743-0263.
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- abcnews: US IDs 4 Americans Killed by Drones
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system