PG&E replacing 1600 defective Smartmeters
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill.
The utility announced, about 1,600 of the meters can run fast in warm temperatures, which leads them to miscalculate electric bills. It's a small percentage of the 2-million Smartmeters that have been installed at homes and businesses.
PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill. The company says average refund will be about $40.00 per customer. PG&E will also issue a $25.00 credit for customer inconvenience.
Any customers with questions can contact PG&E Smartmeter Help Line at 1-866-743-0263.
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Man stabs his uncle in the neck in SE Fresno
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Apartment fire displaces 8 people in SE Fresno
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos