PG&E replacing 1600 defective Smartmeters
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill.
The utility announced, about 1,600 of the meters can run fast in warm temperatures, which leads them to miscalculate electric bills. It's a small percentage of the 2-million Smartmeters that have been installed at homes and businesses.
PG&E plans to replace the meters at no cost to customers, and issue full refunds to anyone who received an inaccurate bill. The company says average refund will be about $40.00 per customer. PG&E will also issue a $25.00 credit for customer inconvenience.
Any customers with questions can contact PG&E Smartmeter Help Line at 1-866-743-0263.
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos