REPORT: FYI is 3rd most expensive airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Travelers at Fresno Yosemite International Airport could get some "sticker shock". The airport is listed as the third most expensive in the country for domestic flights.
A new report shows your paying big for the convenience of flying out of F.Y.I.
Statistics from the Bureau Of Transportation show Fresno's Yosemite International Airport ranks third among most expensive domestic airfare prices. The average round trip price is $440.
A local aviation expert says one reason fares are so expensive is because the passenger demand isn't as high as in bigger cities. "Fresno is on the bubble, and until they can increase demand the airlines are not going to devote big airplanes," said aviation expert Kent Scott.
Airport officials tell Action News they have no say in what the airlines charge and only control the airport facility itself. Newark, New Jersey's Liberty International is the most expensive airport, while nearby Atlantic City has the cheapest flights.
fresno-yosemite international airport, fresno, fresno county, consumer, christine park
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Ukraine says Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years