REPORT: FYI is 3rd most expensive airport
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Travelers at Fresno Yosemite International Airport could get some "sticker shock". The airport is listed as the third most expensive in the country for domestic flights.
A new report shows your paying big for the convenience of flying out of F.Y.I.
Statistics from the Bureau Of Transportation show Fresno's Yosemite International Airport ranks third among most expensive domestic airfare prices. The average round trip price is $440.
A local aviation expert says one reason fares are so expensive is because the passenger demand isn't as high as in bigger cities. "Fresno is on the bubble, and until they can increase demand the airlines are not going to devote big airplanes," said aviation expert Kent Scott.
Airport officials tell Action News they have no say in what the airlines charge and only control the airport facility itself. Newark, New Jersey's Liberty International is the most expensive airport, while nearby Atlantic City has the cheapest flights.
fresno-yosemite international airport, fresno, fresno county, consumer, christine park
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school
- Tower District banding together to fight crime
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos