Tax day freebies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Today is the last day you can file your taxes without a penalty. But several Valley businesses want to help ease the pain of tax day with some free food.
Marketing companies have once again found a way to take advantage of people's emotional outrage over something. Of course there's the old saying -- there are only two certainties in life: Death and taxes.
But now food companies are looking to make tax day deals a third.
Several restaurants and fast food chains here in the Valley are offering up some good deals. Some of them are only good for today and others won't expire until the end of the week.
Valley locations include -- Marble Slab, Chili's, Cinnabon, Arbys, Boston Market, Sonic, and Chevy's Fresh Mex are all offering a free menu item. PF Chang's is actually giving customers 15-percent off all orders both dine-in and carry out. And panda express is actually using today as a launching point for its new Shanghai Angus Steak.
One thing to remember is that you need to print out coupons in order to cash in on these deals and you need to read the fine print. Some are only good at certain locations and specific hours or while supplies last. So when you head out today and write that check to the government you can at least do it with a full stomach.
consumer, tommy tran
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds
- Suspect hit in Fresno Co. officer involved shooting
- City of Fresno to open warming center
- 68th annual Candy Cane Lane Parade sees changes
- Defense takes over in Fresno paralegal murder trial
- Pacheco High School founding principal loses battle with cancer