Tax day freebies
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Today is the last day you can file your taxes without a penalty. But several Valley businesses want to help ease the pain of tax day with some free food.
Marketing companies have once again found a way to take advantage of people's emotional outrage over something. Of course there's the old saying -- there are only two certainties in life: Death and taxes.
But now food companies are looking to make tax day deals a third.
Several restaurants and fast food chains here in the Valley are offering up some good deals. Some of them are only good for today and others won't expire until the end of the week.
Valley locations include -- Marble Slab, Chili's, Cinnabon, Arbys, Boston Market, Sonic, and Chevy's Fresh Mex are all offering a free menu item. PF Chang's is actually giving customers 15-percent off all orders both dine-in and carry out. And panda express is actually using today as a launching point for its new Shanghai Angus Steak.
One thing to remember is that you need to print out coupons in order to cash in on these deals and you need to read the fine print. Some are only good at certain locations and specific hours or while supplies last. So when you head out today and write that check to the government you can at least do it with a full stomach.
consumer, tommy tran
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire 41 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 55 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region