Inexpensive bathroom makeovers
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Bathrooms are one of the most expensive rooms to remodel. But there are ways to makeover yours without breaking the bank.
Consumer Reports says if you shop carefully, you can really spruce up your bathroom on a $1,000 budget. If your bathroom has no major problems, such as leaks or loose parts, but is in need of a facelift, there are some inexpensive things you can do that will really go a long way.
A new vanity is a good place to start. A stone countertop can add some flair. And putting in a new mirror is an easy way to update the look. So is a new faucet. You can also dramatically improve the lighting in your bathroom by adding sconces around the mirror or medicine cabinet. Put the sconces on either side, not overhead, to provide flattering lighting without casting shadows onto your face.
And switching out a standard showerhead for one with multiple settings will make for much more enjoyable showers. Consumer Reports top rated the $50 Moen Inspire 21777 showerhead.
You also can jazz up the space by making low-cost improvements such as getting new holders for your towels and toilet paper. You may not be able to have a glamorous space like you see on home-decorating shows, but little upgrades can go a long way and really brighten up your bathroom.
Consumer Reports says another nice bathroom improvement that doesn't cost a lot of money is adding a combination light and exhaust fan. It gives your bathroom better lighting and improves the ventilation, too.
consumer, christine park
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno 44 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide