Valley fans turn out to buy iPhone 5
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple's new iPhone has sold out at several Valley stores already.
For Valley Apple fans, the holidays came early with Friday's release of the new iPhone 5.
"I gotta have it and I'm going to do anything to get it," Allie Lowe said.
Lowe and her boyfriend Jarred arrived at an AT&T store in North Fresno at 2 on Thursday and were the first two people thru the doors when the store opened at 8 a.m., Friday morning.
About a hundred people camped out at the store for the chance to be the first few in the Valley to get the latest iPhone, and despite the long hours sleeping on the sidewalk every customer Action News spoke to said it was well worth the wait.
"I'm excited to go home and play with my new phone," Greg Morelos said.
"I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to hook it up to my laptop and put all my music, all my pictures, all my apps," Lowe said.
The way customers swarmed the AT&T store, it's safe to say the iPhone 5 is living up to its hype.
Store managers say they expect to remain busy throughout the day and are fully staffed for the mad rush of Apple fans.
apple, central valley, consumer, jason oliveira
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns 48 min ago
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life" 49 min ago
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 5 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers 35 min ago
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region
- Miley Cyrus hospitalized, cancels Kansas City show