Valley fans turn out to buy iPhone 5
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple's new iPhone has sold out at several Valley stores already.
For Valley Apple fans, the holidays came early with Friday's release of the new iPhone 5.
"I gotta have it and I'm going to do anything to get it," Allie Lowe said.
Lowe and her boyfriend Jarred arrived at an AT&T store in North Fresno at 2 on Thursday and were the first two people thru the doors when the store opened at 8 a.m., Friday morning.
About a hundred people camped out at the store for the chance to be the first few in the Valley to get the latest iPhone, and despite the long hours sleeping on the sidewalk every customer Action News spoke to said it was well worth the wait.
"I'm excited to go home and play with my new phone," Greg Morelos said.
"I'm pretty excited. I can't wait to hook it up to my laptop and put all my music, all my pictures, all my apps," Lowe said.
The way customers swarmed the AT&T store, it's safe to say the iPhone 5 is living up to its hype.
Store managers say they expect to remain busy throughout the day and are fully staffed for the mad rush of Apple fans.
apple, central valley, consumer, jason oliveira
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos