Hottest gifts for men and teens
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Men and teens can be some of the hardest people to shop for. But we've got some direction from the experts before you hit the stores for the holidays.
Shopping for the man in your life can be a dream or something you dread.
Amy said, "Do you have any idea what to get him? No I don't! I really don't."
Eleanor said, "I don't know what yet. Is he hard to shop for. Kind of. But I'm trying to figure it out."
The hardest part? Getting started.
"Any expert shopper will tell you need to start your holiday shopping with a list.
"So now that you have a list, so now what?"
Start in the electronics section. Especially because that hottest gifts this year will be tablets. No matter who you're buying for.
"A tablet, whether it be the iPad or the Android ones, can be the universal gift," Bryan said. "I think it's just something the family as a whole can use."
And there's a huge price range for every budget too, from $159 for the Barnes And Noble Nook tablet to the $329 iPad mini and the $500 iPad.
"Oh absolutely, dad and kids."
Another hot gift that both the kids and kids at heart can agree on -- the latest gaming system from Nintendo: the $300 Wii-U, with high definition graphics and a built-in camera and microphone the game pad has multiple uses.
Bryan said, "The controller can be used as a universal remote for your TV. The remote control here can not only be used to run your Wii but you can take it with you on a car ride."
Just-released video games like Call of Duty and DVD's like Spiderman or Brave are easy gifts for teens too.
If your teen is asking for the iPhone 5, but you're not ready to spring for a cell phone, the $300 iPod Touch does pretty much everything an iPhone does except for the phone calls. And if they already have an Apple device, nearly any teen will love receiving an iTunes gift card, so they can get the music and apps they want.
For the creative or fashionable types, a gift card for customizable kicks, like these on converse.com are sure to please.
Back to the grownups, sports fans will always appreciate sports gear or memorabilia for their favorite team. Or a new TV to watch their team on.
And finally, for the guy who has everything. Give the gift of the ultimate experience, whether it's a weekend of golf, skydiving lessons, or tickets to the big game.
consumer, christine park
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment 21 min ago
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- California farmers to get more water
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Air National Guard honors city of Madera 37 min ago
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- Good Sports: Cheerforce Vengeance