Finding savings in 2013
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The new year is here and in this economy, getting a good deal is important to many consumers. Some products will be reduced in 2013. According to DealNews.com, there will be a lot of savings on technology items.
It's going to be an interesting year for gaming. The Android based OUYA console is set to be release in April and will cost $99. Computer gaming company Valve is working on a Steam Box console. Think of it as a combination of your PC and gaming system that can download games and it's cheaper than buying a disc at a store.
Streaming video will continue to gain in popularity in 2013. Redbox announced in 2012 that it was jumping on the trend and would compete with Netflix's streaming and DVD rentals. It's still too early to tell how Netflix and Amazon instant video will react to the new competition, but moviegoers take note, there's a new streaming option in town.
Tablets are all the trend. Microsoft's Surface RT tablet had lukewarm reviews, but prices are sure to go way down.
Retailers are slashing prices on big-screen HDTVs. Deal prices are coming in at the third-lowest of the year. So if you're in the market for a new HDTV, 60" and larger sets are where you'll find the biggest price cuts.
When it comes to eBooks, the item is becoming easier to purchase. Prices have fallen from a year ago. Last spring, the justice department sued five publishers for eBook price-fixing charges.
With mobile usage up, more and more people are using their smart phones to shop. That mobile shopping explosion, is guaranteed to usher in new mobile deals. So expect more discounts and deals.
If you're in the market for a new hard drive this could be the year to buy. Recently, hard drive deals have been popping up with as much as 33-percent discounts. Prices are expected to continue through 2013.
AMD based laptop computers are also expected to drop, as the company struggles financially.
Energy savings may come at the pump and with solar.
Analysts say oil prices will drop and people will find some relief at the pump, although it may not come right away.
If you're looking to become more energy efficient, solar panels will be cheaper purchase due to manufacturing and technology.
consumer, amanda venegas
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support 27 min ago
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- Wheels of Hope awards Valley family a new car
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos