iPhone Siri wannabe apps
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Apple's Siri voice recognition ushered in a whole new era in smart-phone technology. Now downloadable apps are trying to get in on the conversation. Consumer Reports just took a look to see how two of the leading free apps -- Robin and Speaktoit -- stack up.
Speaktoit is available on several platforms, including iPhone; Robin is exclusively for Android phones. Consumer Reports asked each similar questions. Both Robin and Speaktoit do well with some requests. But they struggle with other questions. Siri, on the other hand, has no problem with these requests.
Consume Reports says Siri remains the voice-recognition standout. It's hardwired into your iPhone and has access to much more of your personal information. And that's an edge that none of the other apps can compete with yet.
If you don't have an iPhone with Siri, Consumer Reports says downloading a free app gives you at least some voice-recognition capability. Speaktoit seems to be one of the best so far. It works on both the iPhone and Androids.
consumer, christine park
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors 39 min ago
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea 47 min ago
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
40 min ago
- Easy ways to make holiday parties festive
39 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos