Tiffany and Co. suing Costco for selling counterfeit rings
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tiffany And Company is suing Costco to stop the warehouse club chain from selling what it calls counterfeit diamond engagement rings with its company name.
The trademark lawsuit also calls on Costco to forfeit profits from the ring sales, plus damages of $2 million per infringement.
Tiffany says it believes hundreds-- if not thousands-- of Costco members bought engagement rings they believed were authentic tiffany products, but was not.
According to the lawsuit, tiffany discovered Costco was not using the tiffany trademarks online for the products to avoid detection.
consumer, christine park
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos