Tiffany and Co. suing Costco for selling counterfeit rings
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Tiffany And Company is suing Costco to stop the warehouse club chain from selling what it calls counterfeit diamond engagement rings with its company name.
The trademark lawsuit also calls on Costco to forfeit profits from the ring sales, plus damages of $2 million per infringement.
Tiffany says it believes hundreds-- if not thousands-- of Costco members bought engagement rings they believed were authentic tiffany products, but was not.
According to the lawsuit, tiffany discovered Costco was not using the tiffany trademarks online for the products to avoid detection.
consumer, christine park
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Pep Boys shops closed and under suspension
- Young woman dies in hit-run crash on Highway 99
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'
- Arraignment postponed in accidental Fresno shooting
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Massage parlor shutdown after tips of prostitution
- Merced water restrictions a step closer to reality
- Car crash knocks doctor's office off its foundation
- Small Wyoming town evacuated after gas explosion
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Memory palace: coping with chemo brain
- Valley sees progress against air pollution