Average price of gas hits $4.00 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The average price of gas in Fresno has hit $4.00 a gallon.
Prices have risen every day for 30 straight days -- and spiked .50 cents in the last month.
Experts say the increase is supply driven. Noting the Chevron refinery in Richmond is still off line. It supplies 10 percent of California's fuel.
Fuel distributer, Scott Cain said, "They're switching from winter blend gasoline to summer blend gas and refineries are going down for maintenance and any kind of perturbations in that schedule causes these price hikes and they're immediate."
"They're getting us all on gas," Tyler Potter said. "That's where all our money is going to the gas and it keeps going up, getting more expensive."
Cain believes the high prices are just a temporary problem and gas prices will eventually drop.
gas prices, fresno, fresno county, consumer, dale yurong
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 5 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos