Average price of gas hits $4.00 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The average price of gas in Fresno has hit $4.00 a gallon.
Prices have risen every day for 30 straight days -- and spiked .50 cents in the last month.
Experts say the increase is supply driven. Noting the Chevron refinery in Richmond is still off line. It supplies 10 percent of California's fuel.
Fuel distributer, Scott Cain said, "They're switching from winter blend gasoline to summer blend gas and refineries are going down for maintenance and any kind of perturbations in that schedule causes these price hikes and they're immediate."
"They're getting us all on gas," Tyler Potter said. "That's where all our money is going to the gas and it keeps going up, getting more expensive."
Cain believes the high prices are just a temporary problem and gas prices will eventually drop.
gas prices, fresno, fresno county, consumer, dale yurong
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004