Gas prices have motorists thinking outside their cars
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- As the price rises at the pump, Valley residents are feeling a strain on their wallets, and some are looking for a cheaper way to get to work.
Fifield said, "It's helped a little bit on sales especially on the smaller motorcycles and scooters."
Stephen Fifield is a sales manager at Clawson Motorsports and has seen more customers asking about a new ride that saves on gas.
When it comes to motorcycles and scooters, one gallon of gasoline can go a long way, ranging from 40 miles to 100 miles per gallon of gas. The price tag on these two wheel commuters ranges from $2,000.00 to $10,000.00.
Fifield added, "Right now a lot of people like the commuter bikes, which are around 700 cc's and Honda makes a new one NC700, they're comfortable and freeway capable and that's something that's been very popular."
And if motorcycles aren't your thing, you can always cycle your way around town.
Kirk Bailey said, "As much as with the gas prices going up, we have more interested in the commuting or the hybrid bike."
Kirk Bailey with the Clovis Bicycle Company says cycling is growing in popularity and now people are considering two wheels as a way to work.
He advises those interested in making a commuting change to talk with local bike shops about the type of bicycle they need. The benefits are big.
Bailey added, "It's going to be more fun you're going to get exercise, the scenic value and you're going to be able to feel better when you get there."
So whether gas prices fall or rise, Valley motorists are thinking outside their cars.
gas prices, consumer, amanda venegas
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect
- Drop in Valley flu cases
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos