As Seen on TV cleaning tools
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Watch enough television and you may start thinking cleaning your house can be a breeze with the "right tools." TV commercials and infomercials are touting all sorts of products to help you get the job done. But before you spend a dime, Consumer Reports checked to see how they work.
Take the $15 Smart Mop. It did a fine job cleaning floors, but when you try and wring it out by twisting the handles, the pole can slip. Then you could end up having to use your hands to get out the excess water!
The $15 Perfect Squeegee was also less-than-perfect! The pad stops the blade from getting into deep corners.
For about $40, the Deluxe Hi-Reach Cleaning kit, with its flexible dusting head, helps you clean some pretty hard-to-reach places, as promised. But the head often popped off, and flexing eventually led to breaking.
The best money spent was the $6 on the Fuzzy Wuzzy Microfiber Mitt. It's double-sided, so you can sweep over screens with ease and then turn it to tackle other dusting jobs. And because you wear it, it single-handedly can make at least one cleaning job a breeze. Plus, the Fuzzy Wuzzy is machine washable. Keep in mind that although Consumer Reports found it worked, the Fuzzy Wuzzy was no more effective than other products you can use to dust furniture and clean computer screens.
consumer, christine park
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather