As Seen on TV cleaning tools
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Watch enough television and you may start thinking cleaning your house can be a breeze with the "right tools." TV commercials and infomercials are touting all sorts of products to help you get the job done. But before you spend a dime, Consumer Reports checked to see how they work.
Take the $15 Smart Mop. It did a fine job cleaning floors, but when you try and wring it out by twisting the handles, the pole can slip. Then you could end up having to use your hands to get out the excess water!
The $15 Perfect Squeegee was also less-than-perfect! The pad stops the blade from getting into deep corners.
For about $40, the Deluxe Hi-Reach Cleaning kit, with its flexible dusting head, helps you clean some pretty hard-to-reach places, as promised. But the head often popped off, and flexing eventually led to breaking.
The best money spent was the $6 on the Fuzzy Wuzzy Microfiber Mitt. It's double-sided, so you can sweep over screens with ease and then turn it to tackle other dusting jobs. And because you wear it, it single-handedly can make at least one cleaning job a breeze. Plus, the Fuzzy Wuzzy is machine washable. Keep in mind that although Consumer Reports found it worked, the Fuzzy Wuzzy was no more effective than other products you can use to dust furniture and clean computer screens.
consumer, christine park
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers 53 min ago
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos