Gas prices decline in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for drivers. In the past two weeks, the average price of fuel in the U.S. has gone down about three cents.
In Fresno, drivers are paying an average of $4.01 per gallon. In fact, in the past month, the average price for a gallon of gasoline is down 14 cents from last month.
Clovis resident Kate Mentink hits the freeway often and lately has spent about $50.00 to $60.00 every time she fills up. She says while the change may not be much, every cent counts.
"I'm like making huge decisions at the gas," said Mentink. "I could eat at work instead of getting something on the way. So it's nice not to have to make life decisions at the gas station anymore." While prices have dropped here in the Valley, they are still higher than the national average.
As for what's ahead, experts say prices could go down a bit, but will settle around $4.00 a gallon in the near future.=
gas prices, consumer, amanda venegas
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 45 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 6 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
5 min ago