Gas prices decline in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for drivers. In the past two weeks, the average price of fuel in the U.S. has gone down about three cents.
In Fresno, drivers are paying an average of $4.01 per gallon. In fact, in the past month, the average price for a gallon of gasoline is down 14 cents from last month.
Clovis resident Kate Mentink hits the freeway often and lately has spent about $50.00 to $60.00 every time she fills up. She says while the change may not be much, every cent counts.
"I'm like making huge decisions at the gas," said Mentink. "I could eat at work instead of getting something on the way. So it's nice not to have to make life decisions at the gas station anymore." While prices have dropped here in the Valley, they are still higher than the national average.
As for what's ahead, experts say prices could go down a bit, but will settle around $4.00 a gallon in the near future.=
gas prices, consumer, amanda venegas
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case