Gas prices decline in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for drivers. In the past two weeks, the average price of fuel in the U.S. has gone down about three cents.
In Fresno, drivers are paying an average of $4.01 per gallon. In fact, in the past month, the average price for a gallon of gasoline is down 14 cents from last month.
Clovis resident Kate Mentink hits the freeway often and lately has spent about $50.00 to $60.00 every time she fills up. She says while the change may not be much, every cent counts.
"I'm like making huge decisions at the gas," said Mentink. "I could eat at work instead of getting something on the way. So it's nice not to have to make life decisions at the gas station anymore." While prices have dropped here in the Valley, they are still higher than the national average.
As for what's ahead, experts say prices could go down a bit, but will settle around $4.00 a gallon in the near future.=
gas prices, consumer, amanda venegas
- Authorities look for missing woman and daughter 49 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos