Gas prices decline in the Valley
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Encouraging news for drivers. In the past two weeks, the average price of fuel in the U.S. has gone down about three cents.
In Fresno, drivers are paying an average of $4.01 per gallon. In fact, in the past month, the average price for a gallon of gasoline is down 14 cents from last month.
Clovis resident Kate Mentink hits the freeway often and lately has spent about $50.00 to $60.00 every time she fills up. She says while the change may not be much, every cent counts.
"I'm like making huge decisions at the gas," said Mentink. "I could eat at work instead of getting something on the way. So it's nice not to have to make life decisions at the gas station anymore." While prices have dropped here in the Valley, they are still higher than the national average.
As for what's ahead, experts say prices could go down a bit, but will settle around $4.00 a gallon in the near future.=
gas prices, consumer, amanda venegas
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe