New tax rate takes effect in cities across Calif.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In more than a dozen California cities will have a new sales tax rate that will take effect on Monday.
The higher rate was approved by voters and goes up between a half and one full percentage point.
In Fresno County there isn't an increase but the county-wide sales and use tax for library services has been extended through March of 2029.
The highest increase is in La Mirada in Los Angeles County where the new rate goers up to 10 percent.
fresno, fresno county, central valley, economy, consumer
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence