New tax rate takes effect in cities across Calif.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- In more than a dozen California cities will have a new sales tax rate that will take effect on Monday.
The higher rate was approved by voters and goes up between a half and one full percentage point.
In Fresno County there isn't an increase but the county-wide sales and use tax for library services has been extended through March of 2029.
The highest increase is in La Mirada in Los Angeles County where the new rate goers up to 10 percent.
fresno, fresno county, central valley, economy, consumer
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash 22 min ago
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building 26 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week