Valley shoppers take advantage of early holiday discounts
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several retail stores opened their doors earlier than they ever have to offer shoppers some deep discounts on big ticket items.
The National Retail Federation estimates at the end of day, about 33 million people will have gone out and shopped on Thanksgiving, and each store wants a get a piece of the action.
Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, and several other major retailers opened early Thanksgiving. Many Valley shoppers cut their Thanksgiving short to take advantage of the early opportunities.
When Best Buy opened its doors to anxious shoppers it looked a lot like last year's midnight rush on Black Friday, except this time, the rush started at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving.
Target opened its doors two hours later at 8 p.m. an hour earlier than it did last year.
central valley, consumer
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy