Valley shoppers take advantage of early holiday discounts
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Several retail stores opened their doors earlier than they ever have to offer shoppers some deep discounts on big ticket items.
The National Retail Federation estimates at the end of day, about 33 million people will have gone out and shopped on Thanksgiving, and each store wants a get a piece of the action.
Toys R Us, Best Buy, Target, and several other major retailers opened early Thanksgiving. Many Valley shoppers cut their Thanksgiving short to take advantage of the early opportunities.
When Best Buy opened its doors to anxious shoppers it looked a lot like last year's midnight rush on Black Friday, except this time, the rush started at 6 p.m. Thanksgiving.
Target opened its doors two hours later at 8 p.m. an hour earlier than it did last year.
central valley, consumer
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits