Many Valley shoppers benefit from post-holiday shopping
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- After a short holiday shopping season retailers are hoping post-holiday sales will give them the boost they need to end the year in the right direction.
The National Retail Federation is expecting sales to jump four percent due to post-holiday shopping. Target at the Riverpark shopping center saw a steady flow of shoppers throughout Thursday morning. Most of them took advantage of half-off savings on seasonal items like Christmas trees, decorations and even some food items.
"I was looking for a humidifier, but I also bought some ornaments and some gifts for my grandchildren for next year that were discounted," Shopper Debbie said.
Other items that you might want to look out for when you are looking for after holiday deals are gift sets like that were purposely packaged to be sold around Christmas.
Other stores like Macy's are offering special deals as well, rolling out their buy one get one free sale on men's dress shirts and designer suits.
JC Penney is enticing customers to shop at their store with a coupon offering ten dollar off of a $25 purchase. In a similar move Khol's is offering their shoppers twenty percent off if they spend a $100 or more.
Many retailers have extended hour which can help you avoid a long return line.
consumer, gaby rodriguez
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos