Bumble Bee canned chicken salad products recalled
WASHINGTON -- The Suter Company, Inc., a Sycamore, Ill., establishment, is recalling approximately 72,000 pounds of canned chicken salad products that may contain foreign materials, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The products subject to recall include:
8.2-ounce packages of "BUMBLE BEE LUNCH ON THE RUN CHICKEN SALAD COMPLETE LUNCH KIT." The package contains a 2.9-ounce can of Bumble Bee Chicken Salad along with crackers, mixed fruit, a cookie and a spoon. The package label indicates the product is "Mixed and Ready to Eat." The product package indicates a "Best-by" date of 08/11.
3.5-ounce packages of "BUMBLE BEE CHICKEN SALAD WITH CRACKERS." The package contains a 2.9-can of Bumble Bee Chicken Salad and crackers. The package label indicates the product is "Ready to Eat." The product package indicates a "Best-by" date of 02/12.
The cans of chicken salad bear the establishment number "P-169" inside the USDA mark of inspection and the lot code "0225XXQBC" printed on the package. The chicken salad products were assembled between Aug. 14 and Aug 28, 2010, and shipped to distributors and retail stores nationwide.
The problem was discovered after consumer complaints about finding hard plastic in the product. FSIS has not received any reports of injury at this time. Anyone concerned about an injury from consumption of this product should contact a physician.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854) is available in English and Spanish and can be reached from l0 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) Monday through Friday. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs 27 min ago
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit 41 min ago
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City 12 min ago
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Fresno State QB Competition Open
48 min ago
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to...
28 min ago