Salmonella contamination prompts tomato recall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Nearly 240-grocery stores across California, including SaveMart are pulling Cobb salad kits off store shelves because they contain grape tomatoes that may be contaminated with salmonella.
Taylor Farms Pacific Inc. is based in Tracy and supplies food for six retail chain stores.
The company was the first to announce the recall, but says the grape tomatoes which may be contaminated, were grown in Florida.
While the Cobb salad kits may include the contaminated product, SaveMart says all other tomatoes in its produce departments are not affected by the recall.
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno 1 min ago
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- Accuweather Forecast
43 min ago
- Police are investigating a deadly shooting...
11 min ago