2-million Stihl power tools recalled
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- More than two-million power tools are being recalled because of fire and burn dangers. The recall involves gas-powered Stihl trimmers, cutters, edgers, saws, pruners and backpack blowers.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the recall is necessary because of problems with the fuel caps. Ethanol and other fuel additives can cause the cap to become distorted, potentially causing gas to spill.
No injuries have been reported, but Stihl has received 81 reports of fuel spillage problems.
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge 21 min ago
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case
- Valley home invasion suspect arrested in Reno
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees
- Fresno baby born on the way to Clovis Community
- Unemployment applications fall by 23,000
- Fresno pot shop closes amid ABC30 investigation
- New Fresno State president has strong Valley roots
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president
- Authorities investigate a homicide in Fresno Co.
- Merced County launches Citizen Alert system
- Budget improvements for Fresno Unified
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District