Fresh & Easy Organic Baby Spinach Recalled
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresh & Easy is recalling its own branded organic spinach because of a possible bacteria contamination.
The California-based grocery chain issued the recall Friday after a bag of their F&E brand organic baby spinach tested positive for listeria. Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections. No illnesses have been reported so far. There are several stores in the Fresno-Clovis area.
The recall affects bags with an "enjoy by" date of August 1st. They were sold in Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market stores in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns 43 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
- Dave Chappelle is back with new Funny or Die tour
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder