Fresh & Easy Organic Baby Spinach Recalled
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresh & Easy is recalling its own branded organic spinach because of a possible bacteria contamination.
The California-based grocery chain issued the recall Friday after a bag of their F&E brand organic baby spinach tested positive for listeria. Listeria can cause serious and sometimes fatal infections. No illnesses have been reported so far. There are several stores in the Fresno-Clovis area.
The recall affects bags with an "enjoy by" date of August 1st. They were sold in Fresh & Easy Neighborhood Market stores in California, Nevada and Arizona.
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- Malaysia widens search for missing plane
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year 51 min ago
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Rockets strike Israel, jeopardizing truce talk
- Photos: 2 dead after car hits crowd at SXSW
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say