Grape Tomato Recall
SACRAMENTO -- CDPH Warns Consumers Not To Eat Certain "Fresh and Easy" and "Limited Edition" Brand Grape Tomatoes
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) director Dr. Ron Chapman warned consumers not to eat "Limited Edition" and "Fresh and Easy" brand organic grape tomatoes distributed by Andrew Williamson Fresh Produce, a San Diego, California firm, because the product may be contaminated with Salmonella bacteria. The contamination was identified during routine testing.
No reports of illnesses have been reported.
The voluntarily recalled organic grape tomatoes are packaged in plastic "clam shell" containers which include:
"LIMITED EDITION", 10.5 Oz., UPC 33383655925, Product of Mexico
Fresh and Easy, 7 oz, UPC 20025465, Grown in Mexico
The organic grape tomatoes were distributed to 18 U.S. states (Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Idaho, Illinois, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah) and two Canadian Provinces (British Columbia, Ontario).
Symptoms of Salmonella infection include fever, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea which may be bloody. Most infected people recover within a week; however, some may develop complications that require hospitalization. Infants, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems are at highest risk for more severe illness. People who develop symptoms of Salmonella infection after consuming this product should consult their health care provider.
Consumers who may have purchased the affected organic grape tomatoes should discard them. If unsure whether tomatoes purchased are affected by this recall, consumers should check with their place of purchase.
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 59 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 57 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?
- Fresno Grizzlies hold auditions for emcee,...
16 min ago