Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft issues Foam Pumpkin Craft Turkey Kit recall
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Foam Pumpkin Turkey Craft Kits imported by Jo-Ann Stores Inc. of Hudson, Ohio, and manufactured by Ningbo Golden Time Gifts and Crafts of China; sold exclusively at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores nationwide from August to October 2012. The adult seasonal craft item, when assembled, resembles a turkey with a pumpkin-shaped body. Before assembly, the product resembles a pumpkin that has been cut in half. The kit comes with various foam pieces that are used to decorate the outer pumpkin shell and has six small magnets that hold the pieces together.
WHY: Magnets holding the pumpkin shell pieces together can become loose, posing an ingestion hazard to young children. If swallowed, these magnets can link together inside a child's intestines and clamp onto body tissues, causing intestinal obstructions, perforations, sepsis and death. Internal injury from magnets can pose serious lifelong health effects.
INCIDENTS: None reported.
HOW MANY: About 1,800.
FOR MORE: Contact Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores at 888-739-4120 Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. EST, or visit the firm's website online at http://www.joann.com/productrecall.
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Good Sports: Kensuke Tanaka
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting