Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
LOS ANGELES (KFSN) -- Natura is recalling several brands of its dry pet food because of potential salmonella contamination.
Routine FDA testing of some food at a production facility tested positive for salmonella, but no pet or human illnesses have been reported.
The company is recalling all products with expiration dates prior to June 10, 2014.
The recall involves:
- Innova Dry dog and cat food, biscuits, bars and treats
- EVO dry dog, cat and ferret food and biscuits, bars and treats
- California Natural dry dog and cat foods and biscuits, bars and treats
- Healthwise dry dog and cat foods
- Karma dry dog foods
- Mother Nature biscuits, bars and treats
Consumers can request a replacement voucher or a refund. If you have questions, call the company at (800) 224-6123 or visit www.innovapet.com for more information.
KABC-TV Los Angeles, CA contributed to this report.
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals