Central Valley Meat Company in Hanford recalls 58K pounds of ground beef intended for National School Lunch Program
PRESS RELEASE (KFSN) -- Central Valley Meat Company, a Hanford, Calif., establishment, is recalling 58,240 pounds of ground beef that may contain small pieces of plastic, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.
The products subject to recall include:
40-lb. cases containing 10-lb. chubs of "Fine Ground Beef."
The products bear the establishment number "Est. 6063A" inside the USDA Mark of Inspection. The products were produced on April 1, 2013, and can be further identified by case code "6063A3091A" or "6063A3091B." The products were shipped to distribution centers in Arkansas, California, Montana and Texas and were intended for use by the National School Lunch Program.
FSIS discovered the problem during an investigation due to customer complaints. FSIS and the company have received no reports of illness or injury due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an illness or injury should contact a health care professional.
FSIS routinely conducts recall effectiveness checks to verify recalling firms notify their customers of the recall and that steps are taken to make certain that the product is no longer available to consumers.
Media and consumers with questions about the recall should contact Brian Coelho, General Manager, at (559) 583-9624.
Consumers with food safety questions can "Ask Karen," the FSIS virtual representative available 24 hours a day at AskKaren.gov or via smartphone at m.askkaren.gov. "Ask Karen" live chat services are available Monday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET. The toll-free USDA Meat and Poultry Hotline, 1-888-MPHotline (1-888-674-6854), is available in English and Spanish and can be reached weekdays from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET. Recorded food safety messages are available 24 hours a day.
For information on how to report a problem with a meat, poultry or processed egg product to FSIS at any time, visit www.fsis.usda.gov/FSIS_Recalls/Problems_With_Food_Products. For information about the National School Lunch Program, call 703-305-2281, or visit http://www.fns.usda.gov/food-safety/food-safety.
USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer. To file a complaint of discrimination, write: USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Ave., SW, Washington, DC 20250-9410 or call (866) 632-9992 (Toll-free Customer Service), (800) 877-8339 (Local or Federal relay), (866) 377-8642 (Relay voice users).
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Record number of manatee deaths reported in 2013
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Things you didn't know about reindeer
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Parker surprises fans with Parker Gram
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos