Police re-release video of shotgun robbery at Hunting Park bar
HUNTING PARK - May 17, 2011 -- Philadelphia police are re-releasing surveillance footage of a robbery from earlier this year in the hopes that someone out there can identify the man who robbed a Hunting Park bar armed with a shotgun.
The robbery happened shortly after 10:30 p.m. on Sunday, February 13th at the Middle Brook Bar, located at 601 West Bristol Street.
Investigators say the robber walked behind the bar, pulled out a shotgun and pointed it at the bartender's face.
The suspect told the bartender to open the cash register. The video then shows the man taking about $250 and a cellphone. He then fled out the back door.
There were two other people in the bar at the time of the robbery. No one was hurt.
The suspect is described as a black man, about 20 to 30 years old, standing 5'10?, wearing a black hat, black gloves, blue jeans and a brown "Hollister California" hoodie.
Anyone who recognizes the suspect is asked to contact East Detectives at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or text a tip to PPD TIP or 773847.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, hunting park, robbery, crime
- 7.5 earthquake strikes Mexico, according to USGS 1 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000