58 year old veteran murdered in West Phila.
PHILADELPHIA - July 30, 2011 -- He served his country through the U.S. Air Force, and then was brutally murdered. His family needs your help tracking down his killer.
"I just want to see justice done," said Blandina Seabrooks.
85 year old Blandina Seabrooks lost her sister to a fatal heart attack on June 4th; 20 days later she would be mourning the death of her only son.
"Rodney didn't deserve to die like this, to be murdered," said Blandina. "I just want the culprit caught before he kills someone else."
It was Friday, June 24th, 6:00am. Police were summoned to the 5100 block of Westminster Avenue in West Philadelphia.
There they found 58 year old Rodney Seabrooks lying along the steps of a home. He had been stabbed in the chest.
"He had a kind heart. The streets are mean, but he just thought the good in people. He would give the shirt off his back," said Carolyn Seabrooks, Rodney's sister.
Police need your help. They want to know the motive. Who would stab Rodney Seabrooks and leave him for dead?
"There's a $1,000 reward, and if you give us the information, we'll give you a code number. You don't have to give us a name, and if that information is good, we will pay you the $1,000," said John Apeldorn of the Citizens Crime Commission.
"Anybody with a conscience out there, who knows what it's like to lose a loved one, especially to murder, would turn themselves in or turn the person in, and call the tipline," says Carolyn. "Just search your conscience. If that was your child, would you want that person to be caught?" asks Blandina.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Citizens Crime Commission at 215-546-TIPS.
crimefighters, u.s. air force, philadelphia, pennsylvania, homicide, crime
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals