Stolen school bus crashes in Southwest Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - March 7, 2012 -- Police are looking for the thief who stole a Philadelphia school bus overnight and crashed it into a parked car before running off.
Officers say that at about 10:00 p.m. Tuesday, someone pulled the bus out of the All City Transportation bus yard, located at 68th Street and Norwitch Drive in Southwest Philadelphia.
The suspect then went on a short joy ride that ended early Wednesday morning when he failed to negotiate a turn at the corner of 68th Street and Buist Avenue.
The bus slammed into a parked car there. The suspect then jumped out of the bus and ran off.
Police are examining surveillance video at the bus yard to see if they have a good image of the thief.
This is the second school bus theft in Philadelphia this week. The first instance happened on Monday afternoon when three teens stole a bus from a lot in Kensington while the bus driver attended a funeral.
The search for the teens continues.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, crime
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested 1 min ago
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Three WWII vets celebrate their birthdays
- Ordnance rendered safe; Solvang evacuations lifted
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos