$3000 reward offered in violent Burlco attack
CHESTERFIELD, N.J. - March 10, 2012 -- A Chesterfield woman suffered a concussion after a violent assault in February and now a $3,000 reward is being offered for her attacker.
The assault on the 40-year-old Chesterfield, N.J. woman happened on Wright Drive on Feb. 10. She just parked her car in the garage and was headed to the mailbox when the suspect suddenly appeared asking if someone named Dave lived there.
"He came towards her, and her feeling threatened, she turned and screamed and was tackled by the male suspect and doesn't remember anything from that point," said Patrolman Edward Vincent of Chesterfield Police.
The attack was so violent that the victim also broke her jaw in two places. However she was still able to help police develop a sketch of her assailant.
The victim wasn't robbed and the motive for the attack is still unclear.
Residents were left on edge since the attack but wanted to assist in the investigation.
Within weeks a $3,000 reward was raised. The reward is being offered to anyone with information leading to the arrest and the conviction of the assailant.
Police still have no leads on the case but hope the reward will help generate tips.
Anyone with information on the attack or the suspect is urged to contact the Chesterfield Township Police Department at 609-291- 0912.
new jersey, assault, burlington county, crime
- Valley experts give advice after 40M accounts breached 1 min ago
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos