Homeless man gets 30-plus years for coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2012 -- A homeless man charged with raping a barista in a Philadelphia coffee shop last year was sentenced to 31 1/2 to 63 years behind bars.
32-year-old Christopher Reeves pleaded guilty back in October to charges including rape and robbery for the attack.
Reeves was arrested last April near Chester - almost three days after the assault at Bean Exchange - a coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
Authorities say the victim had just opened up when Reeves walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos