Homeless man gets 30-plus years for coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2012 -- A homeless man charged with raping a barista in a Philadelphia coffee shop last year was sentenced to 31 1/2 to 63 years behind bars.
32-year-old Christopher Reeves pleaded guilty back in October to charges including rape and robbery for the attack.
Reeves was arrested last April near Chester - almost three days after the assault at Bean Exchange - a coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
Authorities say the victim had just opened up when Reeves walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy