Homeless man gets 30-plus years for coffee shop rape
PHILADELPHIA - March 23, 2012 -- A homeless man charged with raping a barista in a Philadelphia coffee shop last year was sentenced to 31 1/2 to 63 years behind bars.
32-year-old Christopher Reeves pleaded guilty back in October to charges including rape and robbery for the attack.
Reeves was arrested last April near Chester - almost three days after the assault at Bean Exchange - a coffee shop in the Bella Vista neighborhood.
Authorities say the victim had just opened up when Reeves walked in saying he needed money to get back to his homeless shelter. She gave him one dollar and he left.
He returned a short time later, robbed the place, took her in a bathroom and raped her.
philadelphia, pennsylvania, rape, robbery, crime
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Arrest made in Tulare Co officer-involved shooting
- Fresno County man arrested after running from deputies
- Scammers nearly took a Merced woman for big cash
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases