Man admits role in fatal Old City cab beating
PHILADELPHIA - January 4, 2013 -- A man will serve prison time for his role in the fatal beating of a recent college graduate who was trying to hail a cab in Philadelphia.
Court records indicate 24-year-old Felix Carrillo pleaded guilty Friday to involuntary manslaughter. A judge then sentenced him to two to five years behind bars.
Carrillo is one of three suspects charged in the Jan. 14 death of 23-year-old Kevin Kless in Old City.
Police say the trio attacked Kless, possibly thinking his shouts at a passing taxi were directed at them.
The other two men are awaiting trial.
Kless graduated from Temple University in 2010. He had recently returned to the city for a job at an insurance firm after working in Harrisburg.
pennsylvania, philadelphia, old city, beating, homicide, crime
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 5 min ago
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF 5 min ago
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows 32 min ago
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases 3 min ago
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
3 min ago
- Traffic flowing through "Braided Ramps"
18 min ago
abc30.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos